- Parent/Community Member Letter
- Parent/Community Member Letter (Spanish)
- PowerPoint for Educators
- Promotional Postcard
- Introductory Webinar (Archived 9/27/2018)
- High-quality curricula and team-based professional learning: A perfect partnership for equity
Learning Forward, the national leader in professional learning, developed this paper that argues the case for connecting high quality curriculum and professional learning communities to increase equity for students. Included within are case studies and recommended next steps. All selection teams, school-based learning communities, and coaches who support standards implementation will benefit from reading this paper.
Research on Instructional Materials: Key Findings and Recommendations: This brief is a synthesis of key research supporting high-quality instructional materials. The brief includes key findings regarding the rationale for the selection of high-quality instructional materials. It also includes recommendations for districts to consider when selecting and implementing instructional materials.
- Curriculum Research: What we know and where we need to go (Standards Work, 2017).
- Hiding in Plain Sight: Leveraging Curriculum to Improve Student Learning (Johns Hopkins School of Education – Institute for Education Policy, 2017).
- Never Judge a Book by its Cover – Use Student Achievement Instead (Brookings, 2016)
- The Hidden Value of Curriculum Reform: Do States and Districts Receive the Most Bang for Their Buck? (Center for American Progress, 2015)
- Connecting Curriculum and Professional Learning in Schools (The Aspen Institute, 2017).
- Building Capacity and Consensus through a Teacher-Led Materials Adoption (EdReports, 2018)
- Creating a Coherent System to Support Instruction Aligned with State Standards: Promising Practices of the Louisiana Department of Education (Rand Corporation, 2017)
- Simplifying Teaching: A Field Experiment with “Off-the-Shelf” Lessons (Northwestern Institute for Policy Research, 2016)
- Louisiana Threads the Needle on Ed Reform ( Education Next, 2017)
- Rigorous, Comprehensive Curricula and Assessments in Louisiana (ERS, 2018)
- Teaching our teachers: a better way – Using K-12 curriculum to improve teacher preparation (Learning First, 2017).
- Using the RFP Process to Drive High-Quality Curriculum: Findings from the Field (Johns Hopkins School of Education – Institute for Education Policy, 2018).
- School Supports for Teachers’ Implementation of State Standards (RAND Corporation, 2018)
- Curriculum Reform in the Nation’s Largest School Districts (Center for American Progress, 2018)
- What We Teach Matters: How Quality Curriculum Improves Student Outcomes (Learning First, 2018)
- Combining Curriculum and Teacher Professional Learning (Learning First, 2018)
- Curriculum Literacy in Schools of Education (Learning First, 2018)
- Lessons from Louisiana: Overcoming Challenges Facing Contemporary Curriculum (Learning First, 2018)